Thursday July 24 to Sunday July 27, 2014
At Revival Nightclub & The Virgin Mobile Mod Club
The Toronto Burlesque Festival invites you to an unprecedented experience of splendor and five-alarm allure! Now in year seven, the Toronto Burlesque Festival has joined the ranks of the world’s most esteemed events of its kind. Since our inception, burlesque has grown as an art with performances becoming increasingly innovative and glamorous. Many of our audience members have been attending since year one, knowing that we will consistently bring them the best in the world. But the festival also attracts many newcomers to our scene who have never been to a burlesque show before. We delight in regaling the senses of our audience and leave them begging for more! The Toronto Burlesque Festival affords the opportunity for both emerging and established artists to show their most trail-blazing work, from gorgeous striptease to outrageous performance art, from side-splitting humour to jaw-dropping aerials. Indulge in one sumptuous evening, or savour the whole four day feast of performances, workshops, and parties. Cap off your evenings with a stay at our decadent sponsor hotel, The Hyatt Regency and enjoy exclusive Toronto Burlesque Festival rates.
For 2014, we are thrilled to announce:
- A NEW partnership with Rethink Breast Cancer; $1 from every ticket sold is donated to this amazing charity!
- A NEW sponsor hotel, The Hyatt Regency. Special rates in a block so you can immerse yourself in the weekend with other theatre-goers and Festival performers!
- A NEW level of decadence for our audience. Please dress to impress! Friday and Saturday VIP ticket-holders receive gift bags and a complimentary drink. Gifts are from such esteemed beauty product sponsors as Make-up Forever, WaxOn and Mikah Styles. Exclusive VIP Welcome Reception for our Official Opening Gala, “Wanderlust: Tour du Monde.”
Toronto has become a coveted travel destination and this year’s Festival weaves the excitement and mystery of a much anticipated vacation throughout our programming. Highlights include:
- Thursday, July 24 – Our world premiere of burlesque play “Hotel Tryst: Rendez-vous” sets the stage for a weekend of intrigue! In this original collaboration between Director of Programming, Coco Framboise and Armitage Shanks, we transform our venue and immerse our audience in a world the cast inhabits.
- Friday, July 25 Early Show – “Wanderlust: Tour du Monde,” Official Opening of The Toronto Burlesque Festival featuring local and international performers who jet-set around the world. NEW – VIP tickets include an exclusive Welcome Reception.
- Friday, July 25 Late Show – “The Dangerous Liaison” White hot glamour and dark seduction in one show.
- Saturday, July 26 Early Show – now renamed “Shaken and Stirred – With a Twist” For our always sold-out Saturday early show, we’re celebrating seven years of amazing creativity and humour in our art.
- Saturday, July 26 Late Show – “The Glam-a-Ganza” is our Closing Gala in The Toronto Burlesque Festival, featuring the most over-the-top, sensuous performers in the world and an After Party that will blow your mind!
- July 26 and 27 daytime – A full schedule of workshops for all levels at “Burlesque University,” for our guests who want to try their hand at the art of the tease and also for our performers to enhance their art, grow and be inspired.
The Toronto Burlesque Festival follows its tradition of bringing you the most exciting headliners. We are thrilled to announce the Toronto debuts of two winners of the esteemed “Viva Las Vegas” competition, INGA INGENUE (Seattle) and NATASHA ESTRADA (LA). Our poster girl Natasha Estrada was a feature performer in Dita von Tease’s “Strip Strip Hooray” Burlesque Tour. The Festival also features “New Orleans Queen of Burlesque,” PERLE NOIRE and world-class hosts – ARMITAGE SHANKS (Seattle), DR. LUCKY (NYC) and SMB (Toronto). We continue to bring you the finest Toronto performers who, year after year, raise the bar with their talent and professionalism. The 2014 Toronto Burlesque Festival showcases over 60 performers from all over Canada and the United States, Europe and Australia. Please join us for our seventh year of innovative art, seduction and an unparalleled audience experience.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZERS:
The Toronto Burlesque Festival is produced by a dynamic trio of local ladies:
SAUCI CALLA HORRA, Founder and Executive Producer, has been performing since 2002, making her one of the trailblazers of the neo-burlesque revival. Also the founder of The Toronto Burlesque and Vaudeville Alliance, she’s often quoted by media for her role in the development of the Canadian burlesque scene. Sauci is the producer of Skin Tight Outta Sight Rebel Burlesque, “Outlaw Strippers since 1998” – one of the world’s longest running burlesque troupes.
COCO FRAMBOISE, Executive Director of Programming, is an international burlesque/cabaret showgirl, travelling all over Canada, the US, Europe and Australia. Involved with the Festival since its inception, she is the Headmistress of “Burlesque University” and is also the founder of The Coco Framboise School of Burlesque – now in its 10th year – offering the most extensive curriculum in Canada.
AVA NOIR, Executive Director of Sponsorship and Communications, has been performing since 2008 and producing burlesque since 2011. She is the co-founder of Two Dames Productions and is a favourite of Toronto audiences.